If you have been appointed the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role in your organisation, then this two-day course will help you to establish and manage compliance consistent with the requirements of the GDPR.
You will learn how to set up a risk-based, sustainable and effective protection compliance programme and how to draft policies, procedures and guidance materials.
Benefits of attending
- The role of the DPO. Understand the role, requirements and what is expected of the DPO in your organisation to ensure compliance with the GDPR.
- Manage compliance to the GDPR. Learn how to establish and manage compliance as a DPO, consistent with the requirements of the GDPR
- Setup effective compliance programmes. Build your knowledge on how to setup a risk-based, sustainable and effective protection compliance programme.
- Engage key stakeholders. Understand how to develop engagement across your organisation and how to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Draft new policies and procedures. Learn how to draft policies, procedures and guidance materials to ensure your organisation meets the requirements of the new Regulation.
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are undertaking or are tasked with appointing the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role within your organisation.
What will I learn?
- The role of a DPO in establishing and managing compliance
- A risk based protection compliance programme
- How to develop engagement
- Policies, procedures and other documentation
- Day-to-day and crisis management
- Further learning and support
Why should I attend?
- To understand what is expected of the DPO to ensure your organisation complies with the GDPR
- Learn the key roles and responsibilities of the DPO and how to engage employees and other key stakeholders.
What do I need to prepare for this course?
Make sure you understand the basic principles of GDPR and have some understanding to the DPO role. Lloyd’s Register’s GDPR Foundation course explains the key principles and concepts of the GDPR and the role of the DPO. Our GDPR Overview guide also provides some guidance.